What I'm Up To...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recommendation of the Day #21

Recommendation of the Day: New Found Glory

Not a whole lot to say about these guys. Simply one of the first bands that got me into music in a big way. They've never released a bad album, and in my opinion, are one of the best live bands out there today. One of the first shows I ever went to was NFG w/Finch at the State Theater in Detroit (now called the Filmore, I believe) way back during my freshman or sophomore year in high school. Since then, I've seen them 2-3 times and have been more and more impressed with their sound and energy every time.

Although I'm not into the whole "pop-punk" scene as much as I used to be, New Found Glory will always be a band I hold in high regard. They're also one of the only bands I can think of where I will buy everything that they ever release (btw, I fucking HATE writing that type of sentence. I never know if I'm grammatically correct, and it always comes out sounding awkward, no matter what. Am I supposed to put a comma somewhere?).

Finally, their new album, Not Without A Fight (out today) is fantastic. Check it out, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment