What I'm Up To...

Monday, March 9, 2009

Recommendation of the Day #20

Recommendation of the Day: No Motiv (they don't have a MySpace page. What's THAT about?!?!)

A lot of my recent Recommendation of the Days have been bands that, while I don't listen to them a ton, hold a special place in my iTunes library and are always nice to come back to every once in awhile. No Motiv is one of those bands. Whenever I come back to them, it always feels like I'm listening to the first time; a rediscovery of sorts.

It's hard for me to describe exactly what No Motiv sounds like. I first heard "Give Me Strength" in the background of some shitty surfing video game way back in the day and was immediately intrigued. It just wasn't the kind of music I was used to hearing every day, certainly not in movies, on TV, or on the radio. After finding out who it was and buying Diagram For Healing, I was hooked.

On paper, they're not much more than a pretty generic alternative/indie/pop-punk band, but there's something about them that really appeals to me. They've definitely got a certain vibe to them that I really like.


I had never seen this video in my life, but it's almost exactly as I expected. Their second album, Daylight Breaking is uber dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment