What I'm Up To...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Green Day @ Webster Hall

Almost 15 years after first hearing Dookie from a friend's older brother, I finally saw Green Day in concert for the first time last night, and I g=must say, it's probably the best live introduction anyone could ask for. Expected to sell 215,000 copies of their new album 21st Century Breakdown in its first week, Green Day is arguably one of today's biggest rock bands. The band has sold over 22 million records in the United States alone, and was reignited among younger fans with 2004's American Idiot.

Needless to say, they're a pretty big deal, which is why I was so excited to snag tickets to their show at Webster Hall, a tiny(ish) venue with a capacity of about 1500 people. The band is playing at Madison Square Garden in July. Tickets I paid $50 for were selling on EBay and Craigslist yesterday for close to $300.

One of the best shows I've ever been to. I'm forever spoiled.




No comments:

Post a Comment