What I'm Up To...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recommendation of the Day #22

Recommendation of the Day: The Early November / Ace Enders

The Early November was one of my favorite bands in high school, and when they broke up a few years ago (I've realized that broken-up bands seem to be quite common in my Recommendations of the Day. It's completely unintentional, for the most part), I was pretty bummed. That said, the band seemed to have run its course, and rumors spread that the band members were all looking to go in different directions, totally understandable coming from a bunch of guys who had played in a pop-punk / indie-rock band together since their early teens.

Fortunately for me, and all other TEN fans, frontman and main songwriter Ace Enders has continued to make music under the name Ace Enders and a Million Different People. The new stuff is quite a bit more mature than any of TEN's stuff, but is musically similar.

Ace is also high on the list of musicians I'd love to meet some day. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has recently started a record label with his wife. Pretty impressive for a 26 year old guy with 3 full-length albums and close to half a dozen EPs under his belt. He's the kinda guy you want to root for.

Check out his new solo album "When I Hit The Ground" out March 17th. Catchy pop-rock that you can't help but smile while listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment