What I'm Up To...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Recommendation of the Day #19

Recommendation of the Day: Limbeck

I'm not really sure how Limbeck became my most-listened to band on Last.fm. Since rebooting my profile in the summer of 2006, I've listened to them 332 times, while my #2 band, Down To Earth Approach has 323 spins. While the number of listens obviously indicates some level of interest and fandom on my part, I don't think I would ever put Limbeck among my list of favorite bands. But maybe that's why I love them so much. When I'm staring blankly at my iPod thinking of something to listen to, they're almost never at the forefront of my mind, but when they are, I get sucked in for days at a time.

A mix of alt-rock, pop, and country in the vein of The Format, Limbeck always feels fresh and new to me. With groooovy grooves and infectious choruses, it's almost impossible to be in a bad mood while listening to these guys. It just has that awesome spring / summer vibe to it.

I'm not sure what the band's up to these days (they're last album was released in 2007), but I hope they've got some exciting plans for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment