What I'm Up To...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Cursive's new album

I mentioned this on my twitter last night, but wanted to expound a little bit in a format that isn't restricted to 140-character "tweets":

Cursive is about to release their new album Mama, I'm Swollen on March 10th, and I'm really digging the pricing structure they've worked out. The album hit the internet airwaves a few days ago, and in response to the "leak" (I think it was sent out to people who had pre-ordered the album), the band and their label, Saddle Creek Records, decided to make a high-quality digital copy available to everyone. Anyone who wanted to hear it could already easily find it on the internet for free, so I think it's awesome that they gave people a convenient and cheap way to get it.

Starting yesterday, March 1st, it was only a buck, and the price will increase by a dollar every day until it's official release on the 10th. As I mentioned, I've never been a huge fan of Cursive, but for $1, I'm willing to check out pretty much anything, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. That, and I want to support artists, especially when they're helping transform and innovate in this changing industry. Check it out today for only $2 and get your hands on a copy before it gets more expensive.

http://saddle-creek.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment