What I'm Up To...

Monday, February 2, 2009

Recommendation of the Day: #3

Had a lot of fun watching the Super Bowl with the roommates and some friends tonight. Apparently the recession is affecting ad agency creativity and sense of humor as well. Holy shit, were the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials cringe-inducing, and barring a few ads here and there, I thought everything was rather weak. Was anyone else confused as to why the horse in the ad for "The American Lager" had a Scottish accent? Perhaps I'm missing something here.


Recommendation of the Day: Girl Talk


Yes, I know I already recommended Girl Talk a few weeks ago, but I was listening to Feed The Animals during my pre-Superbowl run this afternoon (to make room), and wanted to put my recommendation down on paper, so to speak.

As a quick reminder, Girl Talk is the stage name of Gregg Gillis, who samples hundreds of popular songs and mixes them together into a kinetic frenzy of fun and nostalgia (I'm a huge fan of Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You" spliced with T.I.'s "What You Know").

I can't remember the last time an artist made me this excited or hopeful about the power and future of music, and after choosing to download his album for free from his website -- other artists, take note -- I'll be sure to throw some cash his way. As someone who loves music, listening to this album is an absolute blast. Even if it's not your cup of tea, you'll certainly be entertained by Girl Talk's genius.

Download or Buy "Feed The Animals" Here

No comments:

Post a Comment