What I'm Up To...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recommendation of the Day: #10

It's been a long week and I'm exhausted, so I'll make this one quick.

Recommendation of the Day: Nikola Sarcevic - Lock-Sport-Krock

Saying that Nikola Sarcevic is a man of many musical talents would be a huge understatement. Sarcevic, the lead singer of Swedish skate-punk band Millencolin branched out in 2004 and released his debut solo album Lock-Sport-Krock (don't ask me what the hell that means), and it blew me away.

I think it's probably best to approach Sarcevic's solo work never having heard Millencolin, because any preconceived notions about what this music might sound like is bound to be way off. Stripped-down and intimate, Sarcevic expertly mixes folk, country, and soft rock into an awesome album that brings me right back to a family trip to California after my high school graduation.

Also, with sappy song titles like, "Nobody Without You, "My Aim Is You", "You Make My World Go Round", this album makes for some great pre-Valentine's Day listening.



Here's a random live concert recording of his I found online:

No comments:

Post a Comment