What I'm Up To...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pandora

Sorry, now that I don't talk about cancer, I just talk about stuff I like. It's far less exciting. I wonder if I'm really just writing to myself at this point.



Anyways, since I've started getting a little more comfortable in my new office environment, I've wanted to listen to music quietly at my desk during the day without isolating myself with headphones. Also, because we use PC's at work, I can't plug my iPod in to the computer, so my only solution is to find tunes some other way. Thankfully, Pandora is there to save the (work)day.

When I was first introduced to the site, it was still in its infancy and apparently hadn't secured the rights to use big name acts, but that's totally changed. At the beginning, when you'd create a radio station around your favorite band or song, the songs they recommended were by bands you'd never heard of (and probably never wanted to hear in the first place). Now they do a great job of surprising even a longtime music fan like myself with cool bands I've never heard of.

http://www.pandora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment