What I'm Up To...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So I got my IV port implanted today. I was under general anesthesia, so it was technically "surgery", but the procedure was pretty quick, and I was home by 1-ish, which was good. They gave me some hardcore pain meds (hydrocodone), but I'm in minimal pain, so now I'm looking forward to a couple of pain-free days (what's that like?) and a nice weekend before I start chemo on Monday.

Also, notice the new "needle count" on the right side of the page. It took them 4 tries to get my IV in for surgery today (hand IV's hurt like a bitch), and I'm curious to see how many it adds up to at the end of this thing.

3 comments:

  1. Drew,

    You are a trooper. I'm so proud of you and your positive attitude. I got an update last night from your Dad but I guess the best place for the real information is your Blog. Keep positive and know that everyone on the East Coast is thinking of you.

    Love,
    Aunt Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Drew,

    Auntie Non forwarded mom's email along to me. I read your blog and am so impressed and awed by your strength. Know that there's lots of us here in MA thinking of you!!!

    Love,
    Cuzzin Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,

    Best of luck monday and keep the positive attitude. I'm proud of you.

    still prayin,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete