What I'm Up To...

Friday, January 11, 2008

My Top Albums of 2007

I put way too much thought into this list, much more than necessary perhaps.

Here's my favorite music of the last 12 months.

10. Band of Horses- Cease To Begin
9. Against Me!- New Wave
8. Angels & Airwaves- iEmpire
7. Yellowcard- Paper Walls
6. Motion City Soundtrack- Even If It Kills Me
5. Jimmy Eat World- Chase This Light
4. Anberlin- Cities
3. The Graduate- Anhedonia
2. Deas Vail- All The Houses Look The Same
1. Down To Earth Approach- Come Back To You


Honorable Mentions:
Relient K- Five Score and Seven Years Ago
Paramore- Riot!
The Spill Canvas- No Really, I'm Fine
Sherwood- A Different Light
Thrice- Alchemy Index: Vols. I & II
Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow

Top EP's (in no order)

Paper Rival- Paper Rival EP
The Maine- The Way We Talk
A Great Big Pile of Leaves- The Fiery Works
Brave Citizens- Revolutions
The Graduate- The Evergreen EP

I'm sure this whole list will change over time. Whatever.

Don't steal music.

2 comments:

  1. against me! - new wave

    This is by far the worst album against me! has ever made and is a slap in the face to any true fan of their music. if you want to hear what they sounded like when they actually cared about music and not the money, listen to 'reinventing axl rose' or the 'crime' ep. since against me! released 'as the eternal cowboy', they have been on a downward spiral of devolving music until what you are left with today is nothing more than mindless songs made for the sole purpose of a quick buck.

    however, i must acknowledge that everyone is free to make their own opinion on this album, despite my animosity towards it. this is just my two cents on it.

    -doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of surprised to see MCS so high on your list. Although it kind of makes sense since it seems they have totally gone through a maturation and at least one successful relationship since "I Am the Movie!" and "Commit This to Memory."

    Chase This Light is amazing. Kind of like Futures, there's 3-4 amazing songs, one I can't stand (track 6 on CTL) and the rest are good, but no entirely memorable.

    I kind of agree with Doub on Against Me! (He is kind of the resident expert). If you don't love 'Reinventing Axl Rose' you don't love music. I highly suggest it.

    ReplyDelete